I’ve heard great things about Queen Bee Apothecary, so I decided to give them a try. I’m putting together themed grab bags of sorts for my best friends for Christmas, so I’m trying to get all sorts of new and interesting things for them (and me, let’s be honest) to try.
- Shea Butter Whipped Cream Soap in “Pineapple” – This stuff has the consistency of a whipped cream cheese frosting. It’s really nice, and a little goes a long way. The Pineapple scent is a little too sweet for me, but it’s not bad at all.
- Deep Conditioning Hair Mask in “Mandarin Coconut” – This one smells great. I can’t describe if it works well, since it’s a Christmas gift for a friend.
- Natural Shave Jelly in “Honey Child” – The scent is described as “pear, citrus, punch, honeysuckle, orange blossom, peach; honey, vanilla, woods.” I’ve read other reviews for this product saying how it gives you an incredibly close shave. It has a bizarre consistency, like a thinner shave gel you get out of those spray cans. However, due to its thin texture, you really do get a close shave! I like the Honey Child scent a lot. I was afraid it’d be too floral, but the floral is very far in the background of the other notes. It’s really nice.
All in all, I like the items I ordered, and I would totally order from here again.
I bought a huge, one pound lot of soaps from The Bathtub Bakery. Basically, it’s a lot of “seconds,” perhaps that are the wrong color or whatnot. It was only $8, so why not! This company makes lots of adorable, colorful, and unique glycerin soaps. I quite like glycerin soaps, and I figured that I could give some of the cute ones away as presents.
– Two popsicle shaped soaps
– Two slice-of-cake shaped soaps (one chocolate slice and one fruitcake slice)
– A big lollipop shaped soap
– And two little cherry shaped soaps
All in all, it wasn’t a bad deal for $8. None of them seemed like “seconds” at all. I’ve already given them as gifts, so that made it worth it to me!
I bought three products from FCS when they launched their “Sun in the Fun” collection.
- “Bug Juice” Bug Spray: This product is basically an all-natural bug spray with none of the regular DEET or similar chemicals you’ll find in drugstore bug sprays. It smells a little weird, but not bad. I’ve only tried it once, but while I was wearing it no bugs bit me!
- “Make it STAAHHHP!” Bug Bite Balm: The name alone is hilarious! This bite balm is supposed to soothe your bites in a natural way. Surprisingly, it worked! I had a nasty yellow fly bit the size of my own fist, and five minutes after I applied this bug balm it felt so much less itchy. The bite didn’t go away, but the balm did take away most of the itch and made it feel cooler.
- “Popsicle” lip balm: I really like the texture of this balm. It’s not at all waxy, which I hate. It goes on very smooth. My only complaint is that it has a faint floral flavor to it, which I think might have something to do with the SPF factor. Unfortunately, the flavor makes it not eligible for my favorite lip balm category. It’s still nice, though. FCS’s “Top Shelf Margarita” lip balm (not in this collection) is one of my favorites, so I really think it’s the flavors and scents that throw me off, because their base formula is great.
I’m torn on buying from their Christmas in July sale. I don’t need anything from them, but it’s so fun picking stuff out and I really want one of those ugly Christmas sweater fortune cookie soaps. LoL