Fortune Cookie Soaps (FCS) has a quarterly subscription service where you receive a (usually) seasons-themed box every four months. As an added bonus, you get a $10 credit when you get your box, so you can use that to buy some of the full-sized things you may have liked in the seasonal box!
The Fall box is sold out already, but if you’re interested, you can sign up for the Winter box in advance here.
So, on to the box!
- “There’s No Place Like Home” fortune cookie soap. I think it smells amazing! It’s got a definite apple smell, and then on top of that is the traditional Christmas spices. Plus it’s even more beautiful and glittery in person, although thankfully the glitter is imbedded into the actual soap.
- “Roy G Biv” OCD hand sanitizer: I love this! It’s described as a clean smell with light autumn leaves and other autumn outdoor smells mixed along in with it. I find that it smells really clean and fresh.
- “Green Is the New Black” : This whipped cream is basically supposed to smell like a pumpkin pie! However, it doesn’t for me, which is disappointing. It smells like 85% vanilla cake, 10% pumpkin, and 5% spices to me. I’m not a fan of cake scents, so I’m going to have to swap or trade with someone, I think.
- “Swankified” walnut facial scrub: This stuff smells like a banana nut muffin, but in a good way. The fake food scent that I don’t like isn’t present in this one. It smells mostly like a sweet almond smell and then another nutty smell with a hint of banana to me.
- “Miss Popular” bubble bath powder: I like this smell! I’ve read so many comments elsewhere where people have hated it, but I think it smells like a nice floral with a hint of something “exotic,” which I am assuming is the star anise scent.
- “Hair Flip” hair oil: I so wanted to like this, and if it works well, I’ll try and get past the scent. For me, the scent is straight fake bakery scent, which I hate plus a nutty scent. I know other people love it, so it’s just a personal preference.
- “Flying Monkeys” personal space: I love this one! The banana scent is very low in this product, which I am glad for. It’s like spraying a fruit salad scent around your room! It’s sweet and fruity, but not so sweet that it’s cloying. I’d really like this scent in some other products, or at least Mist Me (a body mist.)
- “The Shiz” perfume oil: People online are so divided about this one! Personally, I love it. The scent leans toward the masculine, but I don’t mind. It smells like the card description to me. “A woodland hike though damp balsam woods, with top notes of maple leaves blowing through new dawn blossom, laurel, and sweet clove.” I smell all of these things in the perfume oil! I will say that the balsam/masculine scent is the biggest note, but as you wear it, it dries down to a slightly less masculine smell. I’d also like this one in Mist Me and Personal Space.
This is my first box even though I’ve been shopping with FCS forever. I love it! I may not love all of the items in it, but I do like the thought that went into creating this collection. There’s only one item I won’t use, so I’m happy with it!