I bought a huge, one pound lot of soaps from The Bathtub Bakery. Basically, it’s a lot of “seconds,” perhaps that are the wrong color or whatnot. It was only $8, so why not! This company makes lots of adorable, colorful, and unique glycerin soaps. I quite like glycerin soaps, and I figured that I could give some of the cute ones away as presents.
– Two popsicle shaped soaps
– Two slice-of-cake shaped soaps (one chocolate slice and one fruitcake slice)
– A big lollipop shaped soap
– And two little cherry shaped soaps
All in all, it wasn’t a bad deal for $8. None of them seemed like “seconds” at all. I’ve already given them as gifts, so that made it worth it to me!
I recently purchased this Fresh Sugar Kit from Sephora (while they had a sale coupon, of course!).
The kit contains:
- Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy – This has a very watery consistency, which was honestly off-putting at first. However, once it soaked in, I could feel my lips get softer. It’s supposed to be a nightly serum, not a replacement for lip balm, so I think it does its job just fine.
- Sugar Lip Polish – I’ve tried other sugar lip scrubs, and this one is pretty much the same as any other. I will say that it has a better consistency than LUSH’s sugar scrubs, which is nice. Fresh’s scrub has a bit more oil in it.
- Sugar Shine Lip Treatment – I’m not big on lip gloss, but I like this one. It’s a totally neutral color and I didn’t find it to be obnoxiously sticky like some glosses can be.
- Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 – This is basically tinted lip balm. The color is a nice, bright coral-pink that gives you just a hint of color. I like that it’s very moisturizing.
- Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment – This, which is probably the most boring item in the box, is my favorite! It’s even more moisturizing than the tinted version. I find that if I put this on after the Lip Serum, my lips feel very moisturized the next morning.
All in all, I really enjoyed this kit. I’m not sure it’s quite worth the money ($45 retail), but I liked being about to try a handful of different Fresh lip products. If you can get it on sale or at least get some of those awesome Sephora holiday sample bags with it, then I’d say it’s probably worth the purchase price.