Loot Crate is a “nerd” subscription box. Each month they send you some nerdy items and a t-shirt for $13.99 plus shipping. This month’s theme? Transformers. They didn’t announce the theme until days after I had signed up, otherwise I would not have done so. Previous months I’ve seen have had a theme but with a variety of items from different “fandoms.” This month? All Transformers.
- A hideous Back to the Future + Transformers mash-up t-shirt
- Some kind of Transformers blind box toy
- A Transformers Hexbug toy
- A button
- Some kind of wrist sweat band?
- A few pieces of candy
That’s it. I’m kind of irritated that I spent money on this, because it was completely not worth it to me. Besides the t-shirt and the toys, everything else in the box is advertisement for Loot Crate or Major League Gaming, which is stuff I would never pay for in the first place. I don’t think I’ll order one of these again.
I got my Rainbow Honey bag today! It’s $10 a month for a mini bag (plus shipping) and $25 a month for the big bag (free shipping).
The bag! (sorry about the washed out colors)
- “Tea Biscuit” exfoliating sugar scrub soap: I’m not sure what to think of this scent. It’s very food-y, which I’m not a big fan of, but it’s not bad. I do quite like the idea of a sugar scrub/soap in one, though!
- “Tea Biscuit” cuticle balm: This is in the same scent. I love the Rainbow Honey cuticle balms, so even though I don’t love the scent, I will totally use this.
- “Nucifera” eau de parfum rollerball: It is very hard to describe this perfume. The first scent I get is honey for sure. And then it’s sort of spicy? I have no idea! I will say that I applaud Rainbow Honey for coming up with new, interesting perfumes. None of them smell like anything that you’d buy in a department store, which is amazing, since lots of department store scents can have the same sort of smell to them.
- “Pikake” nail polish: This one is a glitter “topper” polish that’s a bubblegum pink in the base. It has all different colors of pink round and hex glitter in it!
- “Rose Macaron” nail polish: This one is another creme polish. It has a light pink base with all sorts of pink and white glitter going through it.
- “Ichigo” nail polish: Ichigo is a jelly polish in a fuchsia shade. It has all sorts of iridescent flakes in it.
- Plus they included some cuticle sticks and a little bag of nail art decorations.
Again, I love this bag. I saw some spoilers online before I got mine and thought I’d be disappointed, but when I saw everything in person, I loved it. The colors are definitely better in person than in pictures! And once again, this bag is totally worth the $10!